People get iPhone devices courtesy of Apple’s remarkable features. However, no one expects an iPhone to type and open random apps without the consent of the iPhone’s owner.
Unfortunately, many people have claimed to be facing this issue; one thing is certain this problem is pretty discouraging.
But, the encouraging thing is that you can “iPhone typing on its own” issue, and we’ll tell you how to do it
Part 1: Why is My iPhone Pressing Things By Itself
There can be the following reasons behind facing the “iPhone typing on its own” issue.
- Presence of water and dust on your screen.
- Substandard screen replacement.
- Defect in your charging cable.
- Defective battery.
- Outdated software.
- Malicious software.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Typing on Its Own Due to a Hardware Issue
1. Clear the iPhone Touch Screen
It may sound funny, but sometimes dust or debris on your iPhone screen could cause an “iPhone typing on its own” issue. Thus, you need to take a soft cloth with liquid and gently wipe your iPhone screen.
However, if this solution doesn’t work, you’ll need to navigate to the next solution.
2. Take Off the iPhone Case and Screen Protector
Sometimes, you attach the iPhone case and protector so closely that it causes the issue you’re facing.
You can take off the screen protector and iPhone case to see whether it solved the “iPhone typing on its own” issue or not.
3. Contact Apple Store
If you cannot figure out the hardware issue, you don’t need to tinker too much with your iPhone. Instead, you should visit the Apple Store and ask the technicians to fix the problem you’re facing.
Part 3: How to Fix iPhone Clicking on Its Own for Software Issues
1. Update Your iPhone
If you’re using the older iOS version, it can create various issues for your iPhone, and having faced “iPhone typing on its own” is one of the most common.
Thus, it would help if you looked to install a new iOS update whenever it becomes available. Here’s how to update your iPhone.
- 1. Launch the iPhone settings and navigate to the “Software Update” icon.
- 2. Tap on the “Install Now” icon if the new update is available.
2. Reset All iPhone Settings
Resetting all iPhone settings won’t cause data loss, but it can help you fix the “iPhone screen clicking on its own” issue. Follow the guide below to learn how to reset all iPhone settings.
- 1. Navigate to iPhone settings and tap on the “General” icon.
- 2. Tap on “Transfer or Reset iPhone” icon and then select “Reset All Settings.” Enter the password and confirm the action.
3. Factory Reset Your iPhone
If nothing works and you’re still struggling with the same issue, you might opt for factory resetting your iPhone. Although it will cause data loss, you can fix various iOS issues this way. Here’s how to factory reset your iPhone.
- 1. After launching iPhone Settings, tap on the General icon and select the Transfer or Reset option.
- 2. Select “Erase All Contents and Settings” and enter the password to confirm this action.
4. Restart iPhone If iPhone Screen Clicking on Its Own
Restarting the iPhone might help you eliminate the “iPhone typing on its own” issue. Here’s how to restart an iPhone based on different iPhone models.
For iPhone X and Later
Press and hold the side and Volume button and drag the power slider to the right side when it appears. Next, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 6,7 and 8
Press and hold the iPhone’s side button until you power off the slider. Drag the slider to your side and get the iPhone turned off.
5. Force Restart iPhone
Despite having restarted your iPhone, if the issue you were having persists, you might try hard resetting your iPhone. A force restart can eliminate software issues pretty quickly. Here’s how to do it.
For iPhone 8 and Later
Press and release the Volume updates and down buttons. Next, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7 and +
Press and hold the iPhone’s Sleep/Wake and Volume buttons until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 6 and earlier versions
Press and hold the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons until the Apple logo makes its presence felt.
Part 4: Special Solution for iPhone X
If you’re an iPhone X user struggling with the “iPhone typing on its own” issue, you can service your iPhone by following the methods below.
- 1. Navigate to Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- 2. Visit the Apple Retail Store and make an appointment there.
- 3. Arrange mail-in service after contacting Apple Support through the Apple Repair center.
Part 5: Special Solution for iPhone 6
Those who are using iPhone 6 and have been dealing with the “iPhone opening apps on its own” issue can look at the guide below to fix the problem.
- 1. Twist your iPhone very gently after holding the iPhone in portrait mode. Rest your iPhone for 10 minutes.
- 2. Restart your iPhone and then restore your iOS device through iTunes. This process should be good enough to get your issue solved.
Part 6: The Best Solution for All iPhone and iPad
The best way to get rid of the “iPhone pressing buttons on its own” issue has to be the StarzSoft Fixcon. It is a brilliant third-party tool that allows you to fix 150+ iOS problems with ease.
On top of that, Starzsoft doesn’t cause data loss, courtesy of Standard Repair Mode, so you don’t need to worry about your data being deleted.
Importantly, Fixcon supports all Apple devices, and you can easily restore the affected iPhone in no time.
- 1. To begin with, all you need to do is navigate to the official website of Starzsoft Fixcon and install the software. Next, you’ll need to start the program before connecting the iPhone to the PC.
- 2. After entering the main interface of Starzsoft Fixcon, you’ll need to select Standard Repair Mode as it doesn’t cause data loss.
- 3. Make sure that the information appearing on the screen is related to your iPhone and once you’re confident about it, tap on “Download” to start downloading the firmware package.
- 4. Tap on the Continue icon to start restoring your iOS device. The process will take only a few moments before getting your job done.
After restarting your iPhone, you’ll need to make sure whether you’re still facing the same issue.
Having faced “my iphone keeps pressing buttons by itself” isn’t a pleasing experience, but you can’t do much about it now.
So if you want to get rid of the “iPhone clicking on its own” issue, you must dig into this guide as we’ve revealed the most effective ways in this post.
Without undermining any tool, the best way to fix the “iPhone clicking on its own” issue has to be StarzSoft Fixcon . It is the most recommended tool for getting rid of iOS issues.